Workshop 29, 30, 31 May 2021
We have put a lot of work into selection of music and have chosen works that range from easy to more challenging, from classical to modern and from serious to a bit of a laugh. In order to cheer us all up and encourage us all to keep practising Paul will send you his selection each month.
Everyone and stay safe and healthy.
Dianne, Michael, Paul, Justin and Kaye
Strings at St Albans Workshop
This unique workshop will be held in and around the historic Courthouse in the picturesque village of St Albans, NSW. Surrounded by Hawkesbury sandstone cliffs the tiny village of St Albans is nestled beside the Macdonald River. The area is rich in colonial history, with many historic buildings including the Settlers Arms Inn (1836) and Price Morris Cottage, historic cemeteries, little stone churches, and much more.
- A weekend of camaraderie and music in the beautiful Macdonald Valley, just one hour and forty minutes north of Sydney by car.
- For enthusiastic amateur string players level 3 and above. Younger players must be accompanied by an adult.
- Learn from highly experienced conductors and tutors. Have fun working with other players who share your passion for music.
- Accommodation options include camping, an historic hotel, delightful guest houses and B&B in private houses.
- Friday: Welcome Ensemble practice 5pm-7pm; Dinner 7.30
- Saturday: Sessional/ensemble practice 9.30-12.30; 2.00-5.00 Dinner 7pm
- Sunday: Ensemble rehearsal 10.00-12.00 Community concert and picnic (weather permitting) 1.00-3.00pm